Botanical Name: Clorophytum Comosum
- Also known as Spider Plant, Airplane Plant, St Bernard’s Lilly, Spider Ivy, Ribbon Plant or even Hen & Chickens.
- It is a perennial (which means it is planted once and doesn’t need to be replanted each year).
- Introduced into Australia and became popular and naturalised in many other parts of the world. Native to tropical and Southern Africa.
- A beautiful house plant; the variegated (striped) varieties are most popular.
- Known for the ability to cleanse the air of toxins.
Information provided by WikiPedia